1. Connect the CAT5 crossover cable from the laptop to the RJ45 connector labeled "IPC" on the back of the PVM
2. Go into the Network Configuration and write down how your laptop is currently configured. You will
need to return the laptop to these settings when you are done.
Set the laptop network configuration as follows:
NOTE: This assumes the PVM has the factory default IP Address which is 192.168.0.120 and is NOT CONNECTED to the store network
3. Set your laptop to the following IP Address: 192.168.0.100
4. Subnet Mask to: 255.255.255.0
5. Default Gateway to: 192.168.0.1
6. Leave the rest of the information blank
7. Click OK and close the network configuration as seen below:
You should now be able to search for the device as well as communicate with it.